13 April 2009

Dinner with the family

In my second last post, I mentioned that I was going out for dinner with my wife's family, and that I was wondering what would happen after one of my wife's cousins saw me on Saturday.

Well, the answer was a big fat nothing!

The guy who saw me was visiting from Sydney, and went home before the dinner because of other commitments. His parents (who he probably stayed with) and brother were all there, and none of them even looked at me sideways let alone saying anything.

Sheesh! it could be xmas before I see him again! I still don't know if he recognised me, but if he did, it doesn't look like he told any of his family.

5 comments:

  1. How annoying! I wonder if he did recognise you. Spose you're not going to find out for ages now. It's interesting how people don't say anything to you about it, but then again in the same position I wouldn't, cause I'd figure that if the person wanted me to know they'd mention it to me.

    I knew my uncle was gay for years before he came out and I didn't say anything. When he finally did come out Dad was shocked that I'd know for so long, and asked why I'd never said anything, but I didn't think it wasn't my place to out him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may well be something like that. I really think that he did recognise me, but I've convinced myself of things before that turned out to be wrong before, like my neighbour knowing about my crossdressing, so I'll wait and see.

    I'm trying to decide whether to get a lot less subtle on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon you should. No-one seems to be getting the hint, or if they are they're not saying anything about it, so maybe it's time to just put it out there and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice,
    It's Jaimee-Lee here from beautyheaven, I'm not sure how to post with a name here so I went with anonymous.
    Just wanted you to know I think you are a very brave and beautiful person and I have loved reading your blog and I will continue to do so. I clicked on the link you provided in one of your recent beautyheaven posts as I wanted to know more of your story. I think you are great and I can't understand why anyone would not want to know you or get to know such a wonderful person. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaimee-Lee, if you have a google account, you can log in here using that. If not, you can create a google account then log in using it. :)

    Thanks for your comments. I'm gradually getting there, and having quite a bit of fun along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete