18 April 2014

Neighbourly knowledge

If there was any remaining doubt that my next door neighbours, whose house is alongside our driveway, knew about me or not, events of the past few days have eliminated all doubt.

Following on from having posted the photo of the outfit that I wore to the Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival last year on my boy profile on Facebook, as I mentioned, I also posted both this year's Kurri photos.

On Tuesday night last week (the night before my nail appointment), I made a joking comment on facebook about wearing a 1950s outfit to take my son to his school end of term disco on the Wednesday night because he was annoying his mother. My neighbour asked how my son felt about that, and I responded that I wasn't actually going to do it. It's a running joke that if he misbehaves, I'll embarrass him.

A couple of nights ago, I decided to post one photo from my nail appointment last week on my boy profile. As I did last year, I shared the photo with "only me" to begin with, and adjusted the date and time of the photo back to the day that it was taken. Last night, I changed the sharing of the photo to "friends", and by this morning it had a comment and several likes. Then during the morning my neighbour not only liked it, but also shared it.

While I was typing this, she also requested to tag someone else who I don't know in my photo, so that that person can also see the photo. :-)

Having been out 3 times in under a fortnight, I'm more enthusiastic about going out than I have been in quite some time, but there are a few catches with that. One is that the more time I spend getting organised and going out, the further I get behind on paperwork. Another is finding places to go when I do go out. A strange one that has come up as a result of last Wednesday is that I was so happy with that outfit (aside from a bra band that kept coming up at the back and a slip that came up and gathered around my waist) that I'm struggling to work out what I could wear to top it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your neighbor likes your feminine side Alice :D
    I think it's wonderful that you shared your photo on your boy FB page and people liked it. That really puts you out there, if people had no clue they certainly will now, and too receive likes and comments mean that people are accepting the true you. You shouldn't have any reasons to hide, especially in our day and age.
    If you end up finding an outfit you love more than last Wednesdays I'd love to see it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very blessed, Alice (and pretty to boot!) Comments and pics of a man in a dress on FB have the tendancy to draw negatives, just my experience. You are obviously a woman and ought to be left to your own whims.

    Be careful about being a woman tho, I found it hard to be otherwise!

    ReplyDelete