18 September 2007

A life? I don't have one of those anymore.

(imported from yahoo 360)

Before we had our son, I heard of a woman who wrote a book about how having a child had destroyed her marriage. At the time, I thought that she was completely and utterly nuts.

I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I love my son, but he takes up all of our time. I need a break!

Sometimes people ask when we're going to have another child. You're kidding, right? If one is this much of a handful, I'm not having another one!

Before he was born, various family members offered to look after him to give us a break. It didn't happen until earlier this year. Now, if I spend an hour driving him around, I can get my mother to mind him for about 4 hours once every few weeks. That's it. My partner and I haven't had any quality time together without him since he was born!

Some people's idea of helping is worse than nothing. My partner's parents expect us to take him to visit them one night every week. It's not a break for us, because we have to stay there and look after him for the whole time. We've been doing that virtually every week since he was born and I've just about had enough! One of these days, I'll tell them that I'm a crossdresser. I figure that the worst that can happen is that they'll stop expecting me to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment