08 November 2012

Lindy Charm School


I just got news that I've been accepted for the Lindy Charm School on Saturday. I'm literally shaking!

For those who don't know what a charm school is, it's a day of workshops on how to do hair and makeup and select clothing in 1940s and 1950s styles.

I've seen them advertised before, but I'd never seriously considered applying to do one! I wasn't sure that they'd be happy for me to go, so I sent a link to my flickr photos and blog in an email explaining who I am and asking if they'd have me, and the answer that came back was yes. The only real question was whether it was all my own hair (which it is), since wigs and synthetic extensions cannot be styled using the techniques to be taught at the workshop. :)

To do what I want to do for the Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival, I really need to do this first, so it just suddenly feels like things are coming together.

And guess where it's being held? Upstairs at MisKonduct Klothing, who were also asked if they thought that it would be okay for me to go, and also said yes!

I've got to go shopping to get some hair accessories for Saturday, and pay online, but that's easy! Oh, and work out what to wear...

I guess I'll get my nails done red today. Maybe not favourite orangey red but a 1950s style red red. Hmm. Still don't know which shade but it'll be red! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment